Kulbhushan Jadhav's meeting with wife, mother obscured by glass screen, Pakistan propaganda

Adjust Comment Print

Mumbai: Kulbhushan Jadhav's friends and well-wishers in Mumbai have pledged to continue their campaign for his release even as his mother and wife met him in Islamabad on Monday."As there is no evidence against Kulbhushan, the Pakistan government should release him immediately", said Tulshidas Pawar, a friend of Jadhav.

Subsequently, he released pictures of the "meeting", showing Jadhav, looking tired and haggard in a blue suit at least two sizes too large for him, speaking to his wife and mother divided by a glass wall. They spoke to him for around 40 minutes over intercom with a glass partition in between as India's Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad JP Singh watched from another enclosure.

Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal explained that the glass separation was for security reasons. Islamabad Expressway was closed for traffic movement whereas special pickets were also placed on exit and entry points of twin cities to check the vehicles. India had then requested that an Indian diplomat, too, be allowed to accompany her.

GD Bakshi further claimed that Pakistan abducted Jadhav from Chabahar airport and tortured him."Pakistan abducted Kulbhushan from Chabahar and took him to Balochistan and made him confess mant thing".

On April 10, COAS, Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa confirmed his death sentence awarded by Field General Court Martial (FGCM). According to Aziz, Jadhav was found in possession of an Indian passport issued by the government of India on 12 May, 2015 and valid until 11 May, 2024 - that is a period of nine years.

Subramanian Swamy, speaking to CNN-News18, said Pakistan should have allowed one-on-one contact to Jadhav's family and the meeting should have been private.

AT&T to pay $1000 bonus due to tax cuts
Many economists argue that corporations will use the funds to benefit their investors through stock buybacks and bigger dividends. Wells Fargo and Fifth Third Bancorp said they plan to hike their company-wide minimum wages to $15 an hour.

Police and paramilitary security forces, including sharpshooters, were deployed at the ministry to deal with any untoward security situation, they said. Three cameras guarded the meeting while they were allowed to speak over phone.

Islamabad has conveyed to the ICJ, which is based in The Hague, that it would not grant New Delhi consular access to Jadhav.The ICJ is likely to start hearing on India's plea early next year. They later returned to India via Oman.

The Pak Military Court had sentenced Kulbhushan to death, but the matter is pending at the International Court of Justice (ICJ), which already stayed his execution.

Meanwhile, the Pakistan foreign office, at a press conference, repeated the charges against Jadhav and called him the face of "Indian terrorism".

The meeting reportedly took place for around 30 minutes.