FD: At least 10 people displaced following apartment fire in Phoenix

Adjust Comment Print

17 families are homeless this Christmas Eve after a fire destroyed their homes Sunday morning.

One woman had to be rescued from the third floor of the burning building.

Firefighters put out the fire fairly quickly. They said she had minor injuries, and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Fire crews arrived to find the flat well alight and the man was discovered inside, police said.

Firefighters received a call of a structure fire at about 10 a.m.at a residence in the 2700 block of Lexington Avenue, Merced Fire Battalion Chief Jeremy Franklin said.

$1200 gold coin dropped in Salvation Army red kettle
Local Salvation Army officials are saying MA is shy of $1 million dollars away from meeting their statewide fundraising goal. Someone dropped a Canadian gold leaf coin worth $1,200 into a Red Kettle at the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.

Officials say the fire was accidental due to an electrical problem.

The family is now being assisted by the American Red Cross. They have opened a shelter at the First Baptist Church on East Main Street in Spartanburg for those residents.

Pembroke Fire, Fort Campbell Fire and Oak Grove Fire departments all responded.

A joint investigation has been launched by the police and fire service to establish the cause of the blaze.

Stick with FOX Carolina for the latest on this developing story.

Comments