UK: Manchester attack investigation still at 'full tilt'

Adjust Comment Print

British police today conducted fresh raids in Manchester and arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the concert bombing, taking the total number of those in custody over the attack to 13.

A police officer guards the entrance to a street in the Moss Side area of Manchester during an operation as part of the investigation into the suicide bombing on Monday 22.

Police have released surveillance-camera images of Abedi on the night of the attack and appealed for more information about his final days. The straps of a backpack are visible on his shoulders.

Residents described their houses shaking and hearing a loud blast as officers forced their way into the semi-detached property in Searby Road in the Gorton area of Manchester, Guardian reported.

Grande, meanwhile, promised to return to "the incredibly fearless city of Manchester" to hold a benefit concert for the victims.

Fourteen locations are being searched and 12 men are in custody on suspicion of terror offences.

The UK's terror threat level had been lowered to "severe" from "critical" yesterday as a result of the arrests, which means an attack is still highly likely if not imminent.

Cloud Computing pulls off upset in Preakness Stakes
Cloud Computing was racing for just the fourth time , but was ridden by champion jockey Javier Castellano for the first time . Always Dreaming was the first to throw in the towel, surrendering the lead to Classic Empire midway around the final turn.

Pope Francis recites the Regina Coeli prayer from his studio's window overlooking St. Peter's Square at the Vatican, Sunday, May 28, 2017.

At a press conference at the G7 summit in Sicily on Friday, Mrs May said: "Yes, I did raise the issue of leaks of information that have been shared by the police with the Federal Bureau of Investigation with President Trump".

She went on to defend the work of the security services, amid reports that warnings about Abedi were not followed up.

Rudd said Sunday that intelligence agencies were monitoring 3,000 suspected extremists and had a wider pool of 20,000 people of interest.

"I have sent a personal message out to all the faith leaders and places of worship today and have thanked them for the support they have shown and stressed that hate crime will not be tolerated", he said.

The police said the probe had made "good progress" and they "now need people to tell us if they have any information about his movements from May 18 when he returned to the United Kingdom through to Monday night".

The family of one victim, 18-year-old Georgina Callander, said her life had been cut short by "evil, evil men prepared to ruin lives and destroy families".

Comments