Islamabad: Indian diplomat's phone seized by Pakistan HC staff

Adjust Comment Print

Uzma had also filed a plea with an Islamabad court against her husband Tahir Ali alleging that she was being harassed and intimidated by him. Uzma said she was forced into marrying Ali at gunpoint.

Ali accused the Indian High Commission and Uzma'a brother Waseem for creating misunderstanding between him and his wife.

Ali rejected the allegations of physical and sexual violence and said Uzma should be medically examined to establish the claims.

The Indian national has also asked the court to provide her security on the way from Islamabad to the Wagah border so that Tahir can be stopped from harassing her.

In a shocking incident, authorities in a Pakistani court on Friday seized the mobile phone of First Secretary at the Indian High Commission Piyush Singh.

A senior Indian diplomat had to apologise after he was caught taking photos inside the Islamabad High Court during the hearing of a case filed by a Pakistani man accused of forcing an Indian woman into marriage at gunpoint, a media report said on Friday.

She has said she did not know Ali was already married and had four children.

Live demo of EVM 'tampering' by AAP; BJP says 'drama'
He also clarified that the test is being conducted on a machine "similar" to an EVM and not an original EVM. With this code, anyone can change the result of votes for that particular machines.

"I urge the court to ask the Foreign Office to issue duplicate travel documents so that I may travel back to India", she added. "He didn't know the rule, and took his mobile inside by mistake", said sources.

"My five-year-old daughter Falak is ill, and I have to meet her. Tahir deceived me and forced me to marry him at gunpoint". He said he had told her about his family and that he lived in mountains away from the main cities.

FO spokesperson Nafees Zakaria had said that Uzma's case is now being heard in court and she will only be able to return once all legal requirements are complete. "I wonder why she has changed suddenly", he said.

Uzma had reached Pakistan on May 1 and they were married on May 3, he said.

Ali and Uzma reportedly met in Malaysia, where Tahir worked as a taxi-driver.

The petitioner said that he is Uzma's husband and under the law can meet her in a free atmosphere.

On May 9, the Pakistani foreign office said Uzma would only be sent back once all legal requirements in the case are completed.